Unique in the world of skating, Ice Chips is the longest running ice show in the world. The show is a celebration of skating by members of The Skating Club of Boston, featuring performances by children, adults, teams, and some of the greatest skating champions in the world. Find out more about the history of Ice Chips.
To help ensure the highest level of safety and security, all guests, employees, vendors, athletes and performers may be subject to a security screening.
Security screenings are performed by trained security personnel and can include the use of walk-through metal detectors, hand-held metal detectors, x-ray machines, and other emerging technologies.
Parking opens 90 minutes prior to the start of each performance. Doors open to spectators one hour prior to the start of each show. The cost for on-site parking is $23.50 and can be purchased in advance online at The Skating Club of Boston’s ticketing website.
No video recording of any type is allowed during any portion of the competition.
Personal photography is allowed from the designated spectator seating area, but it must not interfere with nor disrupt any portion of the event, event participants and their performance, the intended use of public areas, and /or the viewing ability of others.
All photos taken during the event must be for personal use only.
Unauthorized commercial use, sale, or third-party distribution of photos and videos from the event is strictly prohibited without prior written approval from The Skating Club of Boston. Violators are subject to immediate removal from the event and are potentially held liable for any damage associated with the violation.
For the safety of the athletes, no camera flash is allowed at any time during the event.
The Skating Club of Boston is committed to providing accessibility and accommodation to all of our guests for their comfort, safety and enjoyment. To purchase accessible seating for events at The Skating Club of Boston, please select the event of interest and choose any seat with the accessible seating icon. For general admission events, accessible seating can be made available upon request either in advance by emailing email@example.com or in-person at the Ticket Office.
Please be advised that wheelchair and companion seating is for guests with disabilities and their companions. The Skating Club of Boston reserves the right to take appropriate action up to and including relocation or ejection for misrepresentation of a disability for the purpose of obtaining accessible seating.
Animals or pets of any kind are not permitted at events at The Skating Club of Boston with the exception of trained service animals as defined by the the Commonwealth of Massachusetts. Animals whose sole function is to provide comfort or emotional support are not regarded as service animals under Massachusetts law. To learn about the rights of individuals with service animals or assistance animals, visit Mass.gov.
The Skating Club of Boston has one public elevator located adjacent to the West Rink that provides access to the mezzanine level.
The Skating Club of Boston is committed to creating a safe, comfortable, and enjoyable experience for all guests. Patrons are responsible for their conduct and for the conduct of their guests. Patrons and their guests are prohibited from the following:
- Exhibiting behavior that is unruly, disruptive, irresponsible or illegal in nature.
- Using offensive language or obscene gestures, including using language or gestures concerning a person’s race, ethnicity, color, gender, religion, creed, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or national origin; or instigating, inciting or encouraging a confrontation or physical contact.
- Interfering with any ongoing event, business activity or the enjoyment of others.
- Engaging in public intoxication.
- Verbally or physically harassing any guests or staff.
- Advertising or selling goods or services without the prior written approval of management
- Displaying signs, symbols, or images of a political nature.
- Smoking or vaping. The Skating Club of Boston is a non-smoking facility.
- Unauthorized transmission of accounts or descriptions of the event, including live streaming.
- Failing to follow instructions of management, security personnel or law enforcement.
The following items are not permitted in or on the Club’s property:
- Animals (other than service animals assisting those with disabilities)
- Coolers or containers, including cans, bottles, and kegs
- Illegal drugs and substances
- Weapons of any kind, including pocket/ utility knives
- Clothing or signs with wires, batteries or electronic components
- Noisemakers, bullhorns, air horns, vuvuzelas
- Any item deemed inappropriate or dangerous by Club management.
Please consult with Club management for approval before hanging fan banners anywhere on the premises. Unauthorized banners may be removed and not returned.
- Outside food is not allowed in the Club facility. Vegetarian, vegan and gluten-free dining options are available at the 1240 Café on a limited basis.
- Single-serving outside beverages for personal consumption such as individual cups of coffee, or bottled water are allowed. Coolers and similar items with multiple products or portions are not allowed on the premises.
- Food is not allowed to be delivered to 750 University Avenue. All deliveries will be refused at the door. Anyone found with outside food in the premises will be required to leave the facility or immediately dispose of the items.
- Alcoholic beverages may not be brought into or removed from the premises. All purchasers of alcohol must present proof-of-age identification. No one under the age of 21 years can consume or possess any alcohol at any time. The Skating Club of Boston reserves the right to check for proper identification and refuse service to any person who appears to be intoxicated. Individuals causing a disturbance will be required to leave the premises.